


Usually between April and September it is so busy at the shelter and so many kittens arrive that is can be mind boggling. Some kittens get out right away and then some never get out. That is usually the hardest to deal with. So many cute and cuddly little ones and no one has room or wants them. Some are sick and no one can afford to help with their care, some are just not the right color. It is amazing how many people will call about one type kitten and it could be the kitten from hell but they will never call or ask about the little angel that is just right for them but is the wrong color.
I'm sure you won't find it shocking but I've actually had people looking at kittens and cats trying to match them with their decor. Totally disgusting in my opinion.
We have a small foster group and a program that helps some but not many. Please check around your local shelters and see if they have a foster program and need help. Don't let some kitten, cat, puppy or dog die just because you didn't know that fostering them was an option.
In my case I've fostered a few kittens, not many but out of the 8 so far that I've fostered I was able to get three adopted, three are still in my care and are all three sick, and I've kept two. I didn't plan on keeping the two I have but one took over a year to get all better from her illness and the other was adopted and then returned because his leg was broken and the people couldn't afford to care for him. You know I cannot afford to care of him either but Visa was a great help and after 6 months he was all better and Visa was paid off.
You just have to decide what you want to do and either do it or not. Go to you local shelter and help. You can also help people that foster, find out who they are, bring them food, small bath rugs, towels, pet beds or whatever you can to help.
No comments:
Post a Comment